Friday, February 4, 2011

Oblivion, one of the best RPG games?

Recently, I have been playing The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and boy o boy, is it a game! There are so many things to do besides the main quest, which i have barely started. My current character is a warrior type Nord, and I have been progressing through the ranks of the Fighters' Guild, and am currently at the "Swordsman" rank. Getting to that rank has taken 2+ hours alone, and that is barely towards the max of it. Even besides that, I haven't even done 1/10th of the side quests in the game, or even explored all of the cities. I have also heard that there are thousands of hours of gameplay in the Oblivion mods, and even more gameplay in the expansion, and I have not downloaded either them. Currently I think that heavy armor characters are the best, because I made a light armor rogue character and he was decimated almost instantly by most of the enemies. I have yet to try an archer or a mage, but I'll assume that they are both squishy cloth/leather wearers with high dps, like glass cannons. I can't wait for The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, the fifth addition to the Elder Scrolls series, there are so many advancements in that game such as sprinting, and dual wielding.

17 comments:

  1. Oh man! I've been playing this game and you can't separate it from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! Be sure to check it out later on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oblivion was fun, however the story was lacking in my opinion.

    The hundreds of mods available to the game make me keep coming back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a real fun game
    looking forward to more posts from you

    ReplyDelete
  5. ill will be checking it out for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. No. Morrowind was/is far better than Oblivion. Though Skyrim has the potential to surpass it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ill play oblivion once skyrim comes out, till then its more fallout

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oblivion is one of the best games I've ever played. I also can't wait for Skyrim and if it's announced that you could RIDE the dragons I will jizz my pants!

    Following and supporting!

    http://marksantsrants.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. By far one of the best RPG games out there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oblivion is awesome, not sure how it compares to the other great RPG's, would have to think on it

    ReplyDelete
  11. oblivion is loads of fun on my shitty computer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oblivion is great, probably not as good as Morrowind. Can't wait for Skyrim though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds great! Can someone explain to me what Morrowind is? Maybe I'll take a look ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't play many wrpgs, but I've always wanted to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oblivion was a pretty cool game.
    Too bad it had that much bugs and problems.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oblivion was great, the only thing was that the art direction/randomly generated Npc's kinda bugged me

    ReplyDelete